Monday, March 7, 2011

Remember...

those yellow buttons? The ones I hand dyed. I used them to make invitations for my daughter Joy's bridal shower. Buttons will play a considerable part in her wedding theme. Soooo we decided to extend that theme to the shower as well! See if you can guess the two main colors of the wedding.

I designed the invite, Hope brought the vision to reality with her graphic art skills; then i embellished to my hearts content.

The vintagesque button card invitations followed the vintage theme of Joy's vision for her wedding.... then came the shower


vintage table cloth, napkins, and vases on the table...
Lovely vintage dress Joy is wearing!
Cupcakes and button sugar cookies; all yummy!


My mother made the cupcakes. Lemon cake filled with lemon curd with cream cheese incing or whipped vanilla cream icing. We made sweet fondant buttons for them to wear!

Daffodils in vintage milk glass vases.


The quintessential party planner diva put the forks in the cocktail purse. Totally love it!

Three generations of women in our family came together to make and celebrate this special event!
lft. to rt~ Mary Lou (my mother), Jennifer, Hope, Joy,(my daughters) and moi~


The bride....

Visit again for the bridal shower part II.







5 comments:

Betty's corner of the world said...

Sooooo very cute ...love the cookies ...love the cup cakes ...love the table ..the forks in the purse...the dress ..."everything"! ..the only think I don't like is that I was not ther. :^(
Great job! ♥

sassytrash said...

You ALL are blessed with such grand creativity! Loved everything--so fresh and spring-y!!

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! I can't wait for part TWO :D

Rebecca said...

love it all! thanks for sharing with us.

dear jane said...

Gerri everything was sooo charming!So glad I got to be apart! I loved it all! You are sooo very talented with an eye for every detail! The pic with you,your mom and the girls is the best! I love those faces!!!