Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gifts

"One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach---- waiting for a gift from the sea."
said Anne Morrow Lindbergh in her book, Gift From the Sea. Each year I like to read this highly, introspective book, along with taking a trip back to Florida to spend some much needed time at the beach. My gifts this year- shells! Most of these shells were collected from the beach where my husband and I honeymooned years ago.

My other gift, new memories to add to many others...


the beach baby to the right of the gentleman is me, the gentleman is my father and the other beachbaby is my older brother...this is one of my favorite pictures; taken in 1960...


" The waves echo behind me. Patience-Faith-Openess,

is what the sea has to teach"

Anne Morrow Lindbergh






No comments: