Thursday, September 1, 2011

Little Favors...

are sweet things to give and to do for others...
being open to opportunities to brighten someone's day with a heartfelt expression...


can bring a sense of delight to ourselves in return!










I was excited to make these sweet favors for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner! From the macarons to the crocheted hearts, it was a delightful way to express our family's gratitude to the wedding party for being a part of such a special time in our son's life!

Ohh, the heart design came from Maaike, the lovely creator of the blog creJJtion. Her tutorial was so easy to follow; I was hooked! I knew the hearts would be the perfect embellishment for the macaron boxes!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the lime green and the black color combo! The rehearsal dinner guests will be wowed!

à la parisienne said...

How crazy is that? That we both taught ourselves to make macarons just for a special event (in September)...even more crazy that we presented one macaron in a small box!
I began my macaron quest some time in July, but the recipe book I had left me with an utter failure for the first batch. That didn't stop me though! Luckily, I started testing/baking them way ahead of time. Your macarons look delicious, and I'm sure your guests were thrilled to receive them.

Mandy