Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aprons 101

Here are just a few of the vintage linen scraps used to embellish the aprons.


Now to the sewing machine! One of the apron bases modeled by, Toots, my vintage dress form.
Now to sew on the pockets. I just love rickrack!!!!!!
For some of the pockets I used vintage embroidered pieces. On others, I customized by using a trick I learned from Dawn Edmonson, yes "the Dawn from the Feathered Nest". To print an image onto fabric, iron the fabric to freezer paper then run it through your printer and voila, a personalized image on fabric. The possibilites are only limited by an eight by eleven piece of cloth! Here's another image copied onto fabric. Isn't see just the cutest!!!!!
Oh, and the packaging- altered hangers!!

Back to work! Instead of counting sheep to fall asleep, I will be counting aprons. One...two..three...

3 comments:

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Hey BFF, Can't wait til tonight. They are going to be gorgeous! Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Oh Gerri...I just love your little aprons..don't work too hard!
When you can, please stop by my blog..I have a little surprise for you!

Hugs,
Lynn♥

Unknown said...

Oh my I just saw a sneak peak of my apron!!! Shut up!!! No you didn't!!! It's my cupcake!!! I love it!!! I can't wait to create mine and work with the most amazing artist who always inspries me...See you tomorrow!!! dear jane... Yay tomorrow is Gerri day!!!